PART 1. GENERAL RULE
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited inside library premises. If found the membership as well the use of library facilities may be suspended.
- Consumption of drinks inside the library is not permitted.
- No bags, umbrellas, parcel, etc except files and books may be brought into the library.
- On leaving the Library, all users are required to produce for inspection all books and items taken out of the Library.
- Silence and strict discipline should be maintained in the library by all users and the library staff. Every one shall ensure that no reader should feel disturbed in their study by any act of his/her.
- Reservation of seats is not permitted. Books and other articles left for any length of time on chairs and tables may be removed by the library staff.
- Users must be decently dressed and conduct themselves properly in the library.
- The Library staff on duty has the right to request a user to leave the premises if he is found to be violating any of the Library rules.
- Official time for determining fines on overdue books and for other purposes will be read according to the time determined in the computer system at the Circulation Counter. Should the system be down, the correct time will be determined by the library staff at the counter services.
- The Chief Librarian is empowered to withhold Library facilities for any infringement of these rules.
- The Library will not accept responsibility for the loss or misplacement of personal belongings.
- Causing a disturbing situation: If the case is minor the head librarian will take a suspension measure accordingly. If the case is major it will be send to the concerned University officials for appropriate disciplinary measures to be taken.
PART 2. GENERAL LOAN RULES
Only those Students ,Academic & Administrative staff and Researchers registered and have library membership card number or account number have a privilege to borrow books from our library accordingly :
- 1st year students are allowed to borrow only one(1) book
- 2nd year and above students are allowed to borrow three(3) books
- M.sc students are allowed to borrow four (4)books
- No books or library materials may be brought out of the Library until the loan has been recorded. Unauthorized removal of library materials is regarded as a very serious offence.
- Library materials borrowed must be returned on or before the due date.
- The normal loan period for books is two weeks. The Library, however, may fix varying loan periods for different types of materials or users as it deems fit.
- All borrowers must settle any overdue loans before they are permitted to borrow again.
- Books must be returned by the due date or earlier if recalled by the Librarian. Failure to return a book by the date specified will be treated as a serious offence. The Library will endeavor to send overdue notices but will not be held responsible for non-delivery, under whatever circumstances.
- A fine can be imposed on anyone returning an overdue book. The rate will be determined by the Librarian according to the value of the [BORROWED] book.
Loss and Damage
- Borrowers will be held responsible for materials out on loan. Responsibility for any book is always with the person who signed it out. If the material is lost, an immediate report should be made to the Librarian to enable appropriate action to be taken. A borrower is allowed to either replace the book lost or damaged by purchasing it himself or requesting the Library to replace it. All books replaced must be of the same edition or latest edition. If the book is one of a set or series they may be called upon to replace the whole set or series.
- NB. A user who loses a book will be charged the value of the book as determined by the College Head Librarians to pay the triple price of the lost book.
Theft, Mutilating and marking on Resources
Theft & mutilating
- If a user is found in doing theft and mutilating of a book pages his/her case will be reported immediately to the concerned university Officials for appropriate disciplinary measures.
Marking on Resources
- If a user is found marking on library resources his/her ID card will be held by the library staff on duty and the case will be presented to the head librarian immediately. Then he will take suspension measures according to the weight of the damage & users name will be listed under the black list for the first time.
Do not use the computers to do the following:
- Playing Games
- Playing music
- Visiting pornography ….etc
- The main purpose of these rules is to safeguard the common interest of all users and to enable the Library to carry out its functions as efficiently as possible. Failure to observe the rules can lead to disqualification.
- The library rules and regulations shall be modified from time to time and shall be binding on all concerned.