Open Access Resources Advocacy via 21st Century Information Retrieval & Dissemination Network [Library & Information Service] Blog/Website
“Librarians are powerful advocates for informing and engaging their researchers in the open science landscape. ”
— Wiley Online Library
Notes from LIS 21st Century Information Retrieval and Dissemination Network
Mulugeta W/Tsadik, Librarian at Hawassa University, Ethiopia
Of course, I would say that I am an advocate for open access. I am a librarian at Hawassa University, Ethiopia. The librarian is an advocate for access to all information. I think this is our main mission. If the information is public, our job as librarians is to facilitate the acquisition of information.
When access is open, it is often easier to promote it. If the information is not public, I believe that the mission of librarians continues to be to help our clients use as many tools as possible to access the information that we can obtain, such as catalogs and inter-library loans.
Therefore, I am an advocate of open access, and I believe that making information free has a positive impact because it makes people better, more free, and more capable.
An important role of academic librarians is to help researchers and students produce high-quality research results. One of the ways they do this is to promote open access resources, which is why that I advocate for change and promote research papers. University researchers published on the open access platform.
Today, Hawassa University’s vision is to become one of the top ten research universities in East Africa by 2031, which is in line with HU’s vision. Taking into account the vision of Hawassa University, the mission of librarians is to discover or recover research articles. Disseminate and increase the visibility of researchers and institutions.
Building on my past status as a 21st-century librarian and open access advocate, I will strive to promote open access to researchers and resources through the 21st Century Information Retrieval and Dissemination Professional Network of Libraries and Information Sciences and the official online platform of the Hawassa University.
My latest and greatest tips, resources, and reads.
So much goodness all in one place!
ARCHIVE FOR THE ‘OPEN ACCESS’ CATEGORY
- Directory of open access journals
- Directory of Open Access Journal /DOAJ/
- THE DIRECTORY OF OPEN ACCESS JOURNALS
- East African Journal of Biophysical and Computational Sciences
- Electronic magazine library
- Empowering researchers
- Ethiopian Journals Online (EJOL)
- International Federation of Library Association Journal
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF LIBRARY & INFORMATION SERVICE/IJLIS
- Journal of Agricultural and Veterinary Sciences, Vol. 8 No. 1 (2020)-Hawassa University
- Jornal of the medical Library association
- The Most 2020 Achievements of Research Articles Published on Prestigious High Impact Factor Elsevier Journals from College of Natural & Computational Science, Hawassa University, Ethiopia
- Open Access Books (available online) by Library of Congress
- Open Access Resources: Central Philippine University Libraries
- Open Journals (#OpenAccess platform for Dutch academic journals)
- Recently Published Online Research Publication by Tadesse Fikre Tefera (PhD) from Hawassa University, Ethiopia