Experts share their top tips for libraries who want to get involved but don’t know how
As academics and librarians with a passion for sustainable development, Gerald, Debra and Robin have actively contributed to a range of SDG-related resources for libraries.
Many of these contain valuable tips and best practice advice for librarians on how they can better support the 17 goals and their targets. Here’s a summary of some of their key recommendations:
- Don’t start from scratch
- Incorporate the SDGs into your library’s strategic plan
- Advocate for the SDGs on campus
- Showcase how you can add value
- Think about how you can support colleagues in their SDG work
- Promote open access (OA) and open educational resources (OERs)
- Support the teaching and research agenda
You must be logged in to post a comment.