What will make the librarians to succeed in international networking?
1. Mindset –Mindset is a critical factor in networking if somebody must succeed. The librarians’ mindset will be such that will be focused and recognize networking as important, and not a waste of time
2. Sense of cooperation – the librarians must have a sense of cooperation or goodwill to keep the group going.
3. Participation – there must be active participation for networking to be successful and fruitful to yield goals for its formation.
4. Targeting the challenges – networking is the building and maintaining relationships with a wide range of individuals, groups, or institutions who share common interests, goals, and expertise to tackle challenges that border them. To meet these challenges successfully the librarians need to target the challenges through networks of other colleagues.
5. Respect – respect for one another in a group is important. Members of a network look to each other for advice, tips, instructions, contributions, and solutions for issues. Every individual is entitled to his or her own opinion or contribution, whether right or wrong should be welcomed with respect
The way forward for Partnership & Collaboration with NDLI:
As a 21st century librarian, I always strive to make a difference and make visible my parent institution i.e. HU at home and international level.
Based upon the aforementioned after active participation on an International Librarians Webinars on the theme “Digital Resources Management in 21st Century” held on 6th July 2021, I have been initiated and started a dialogue with the National Digital Library of India to establish partnerships or collaborations Project with my parent institution Hawassa University, accordingly, NDLI have shown an interest and sent an Invitation and an Operating Procedures For Collaborations & a draft of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on 29 July 2021.
Now, I have already submitted a draft of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) sent from the National Digital Library of India to International Relations and Alumni Affairs Directorate (IRAAD) at Hawassa University which supports & facilitates the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to effective follow-up mechanisms.
I hope the HU community particularly researchers, students & academic staff will benefit from this an initiative partnership and collaboration Project between Hawassa University and the National Digital Library of India.
As a 21st century librarian I will react soon with the NDLI after the MoU is signed along with an Open Access & Information Literacy Initiative Team @ HU in order to implement an Initiative Partnership and Collaboration Project.
Librarian@Hawassa University, Ethiopia
Mr Mulugeta W/Tsadik is Librarian@Hawassa University, Ethiopia and Administrator of [LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE] 21st Century Information Retrieval & Dissemination Professional Blog/Website.
Involvement in International Librarians Network Program/ILNP/
GET IN TOUCH
Mr Mulugeta W/Tsadik (Librarian) is always available for International Partnerships, collaborations and Networking worldwide. If you want to chat about , physical books , e-Resources, library & information affairs, Open Access Resources Advocacy or anything else, don’t hesitate in reaching out via the aforementioned email addresses & the below online social media platforms:
BACKGROUND OF THE LIBRARIAN
Click This Link