Ato Sorsa Dana Dikaso has born in 1954 Eth.C. and completed Primary School at Wolayta Sodo Damot Waja; Junior secondary School at Ligaba Beyene Ababa Sebeseb Secondary school & High School at Hawassa Tabor Secondary High School. Finally, he has studied his BSc at Hawassa University.
He has been retired recently in 2009 Eth.C. he served at Hawassa University for almost 39 years in different positions as library staff:
- 1969-1988, Library Assitant G2
- 1988-1999, Library Assistant G1
- 1999-2005, Intermediate Library Assitant
- 2005- 2007, Technical Processing Head
- 2007-2011, Senior Library Assistant
- 2011- 2016, Social Science & Humanities College Library Head
Beyond librarianship during his stay at Hawassa University as his personnel file indicates he has served as a member of different work task committees at Hawassa University.
In memorial of the former coworker to post or say something on Link-Up Library eNewsletter, I call to him and questioned him how do you do after you have been retired from Hawassa University?
on our telephone conversation, he has said to me even though I have been retired from HU I am still strong beside he informed me that currently he has been recruited being a Library Head at one of Private College situated in Hawassa, SNNPR, Ethiopia named Zion Technology and Business College, finally he said retirement is the beginning of life, not the end. Wishing to him Happy Retirement time I have concluded my telephone conversation.
Sorsa Dana Dikaso Profile:
He holds his Bachelor of Science Degree in RDFS in 2010 G.C. from Hawassa University College of Agriculture. Besides he has been trained :
- LIBRARY IN-SERVICE TRAINING conducted by Addis Ababa University Libraries
- Electronic Library Resources Training Workshop on TEEAL and AGORA for Ethiopia offered by under the leadership of Information Training & Outreach Centre for Africa(ITOCA) and Cornell University’s Mann Library in partnership with Hawassa University & Research 4 Life
- Competency-Based Human Resource Management a training conducted by Ethiopian Management Institute
- A short-term training on Geographical Information System (GIS) which is organized by Hawassa University ICT directorate
- A short-term training on SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Science ) organized by HU ICT Directorate
- A short-term training on basic computer application, Internet skills, Printer & file sharing which is organized by HU ICT Directorate
- the study of Chinese Language & Culture Program: Basic Chinese – Level One conducted by Chinese Language CEntre at Hawassa University.
Mobile Phone: +251 0916829036
Some Recommendation Letters and Awards are given to Sorsa Dana during his stay at Hawassa University